Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My best (Water)Fall photo ever...

2 years ago I had the opportunity to go to Ricketts Glen State Park in Pennsylvania. About a 2 hour drive from where my parents were living, we went there for a day of hiking. Rickett's Glen has 21 waterfalls, about 17 of them can be seen in a single hiking loop. I photographed 16 of them on our trip. We got there in November so the fall color was starting to fade as it was late in the season. But there was still a good deal of orange leaves around there. My favorite shot is of this specific waterfall. I believe it's named R.B. Ricketts Falls

When we got there it was mostly overcast, but by the time we finished the hike, the sun was poking through clouds. When I took the above photo, the sun just started peeking out and backlit the leaves giving them an almost unreal glow.
I definatly want to go back to Rickett's Glen again, and this time photograph all of the 21 waterfalls. If you'd like to see most of them, you can check out the rest of my photos from the trip here:

No comments: